Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is off to a great start! I am super excited to share one of our favorite recipes with you! We love a good fish taco around these parts and have spent years trying new recipes! One of our tried and true fish tacos recipe is one that I realized I hadn’t shared with you yet! I’m really excited to share it with you because it’s easy and you will LOVE it!
THE BEST FISH TACOS RECIPE EVERYONE LOVES
*this fish tacos recipe will make about 8-10 tacos (depending on how full the tortillas are) **recipe adapted from the Williams Sonoma “Essentials of Grilling” cookbook
For the Tomatillo Salsa
- 1/2 lb tomatillos (husks removed, rinsed and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- You can chop all these items and put in a bowl (cover with saran wrap and let sit in the fridge. You can also blend to ingredients to make a smooth salsa (this is what we do). Make at least an hour ahead and put in fridge until ready to use!)
For the Fish Tacos
- Cabbage (you can buy whole cabbage and grill it or buy the already chopped. We switch it up each time.)
- 1 1/2 lb red snapper filets
- Corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado
- Direct heat- medium high
Oil (we use olive oil spray) the grill and the fish (cabbage too if you grill it)
Arrange fish on grill directly.
Cover the grill and cook, turning the fish at least once. Usually about 8-10 minutes, but sure to make sure your fish is thoroughly cooked prior to eating. Each grill is different and these time estimates are based on my personal grill.
We also like to throw our tortillas directly on the grill and let them get heated and a tad crispy. Just watch them, as they will grill up pretty quickly!
Load up your tortillas with fish, cabbage, avocado and top with feta cheese and the tomatillo salsa! This fish tacos recipe is a perfect summer meal! Do you love to use your grill in the summer? It’s one of our favorite ways to cook in general, but we grill even more in the summer!
Let me know if you end up making this fish tacos recipe! They will for sure become your favorites 🙂