It’s a proven fact that all things taste better in a mason jar. My shortcakes, macaroni and cheese, mojitos and lemon bars in mason jars all prove that fact. We drink out of mason jars on a daily basis. Yep, it even makes plain water taste better. Fourth of July is Saturday and BBQs will be happening all over the place! I decided that a cobbler in a jar would be delicious and adorable to take to BBQs or just to serve to your own family. They are pretty much amazing and I can’t even wait until after dinner tonight, so I can have another one! I made them gluten free too, because, why not?! Also, I pretend calories don’t count when things are gluten free, so there’s that! Without further ado, here is the recipe!
Gluten Free Blackberry Cobbler in Mason Jars (makes 6 pies in 8 ounce mason jars)
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 cups gluten free flour I LOVE Cup4Cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-8 tablespoons water add it as you need it
- Combine together in mixer I have a love this one! until mixture is crumbly. Form mixture into a ball and wrap in saran wrap. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes until ball is formed together.
- 3 cartons of blackberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine sugar and blackberries together in a bowl. Let sit until blackberries and sugar form a syrup.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
Grease mason jars with butter.
Press crust into bottom of jars and up the sides.
Add a few spoonfuls of blackberry mixture to inside of jar.
Fill almost to the top of jars.
Sprinkle some of the crumb topping on top of each jar.
Place on baking sheet (I love these baking sheets!) and bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't burn. You'll know they're ready when the crust on the sides of the jar starts to turn brown!
After you take them out, let them cool a bit and add vanilla ice cream and enjoy! If you are going to take them to a BBQ, be sure to cover with a lid. They can be kept in the fridge for a few days and you can also freeze the pies prior to baking them! It's fun to keep them in the freezer for random desserts!
Here are a few of the items I used to bake this recipe:
I hope your week is off to a fabulous start! Happy Tuesday! XOXO!