It’s no secret that I love cooking in mason jars and drinking out of mason jars. I swear, everything tastes better in a mason jar. It’s a fact.
I have a gluten sensitivity, which means sometimes I can eat it and have no issue and sometimes I eat it and regret it.
I have not completely cut it out of my diet. I just can’t. But, I have tried to make small changes here and there. I have been making homemade macaroni and cheese in mason jars for a few years now and decided to attempt it with gluten free noodles a few months ago. No one that I served it to could tell that they were gluten free noodles. These little jars were a delicious addition to a BBQ, plus, just toss a lid on top and save them for leftovers for a few days. These little mason jars full of goodness have become a staple in our casa for BBQs!
Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese in Mason Jars
- 4 cups Gluten Free Noodles I love this brand the best!
- 1 whole Egg Beaten
- 1/4 cup 1/2 Stick Or 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free All-purpose Flour Cup4Cup is my fave!
- 2-1/2 cups Nonfat Milk original recipe uses whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 1 pound Grated Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt More To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt More To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs optional to top with
To finish the recipe:
Mix the cheese sauce and noodles together in one large pan.
Scoop the mixture into the 4 oz. mason jars. I use this cupcake scooper to do this.
Top with some grated cheese and breadcrumbs (gluten free) and bake at 350 degrees on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
*Head over to The Pioneer Woman’s site for the details on how to make the sauce, etc!
Check out a few of my favorite cooking utensils that I used to make this recipe!