Hey there lovelies! Hope your week is going fab and smoothly! That’s key right? A smooth week?! Those are so very nice! Anywho, with my impending 3oth birthday on the horizon (TOMORROW!), I have been thinking a lot about the past ten years of my life. If you would have told me at 20 that I would be married to an amazing man and have two beautiful children, I wouldn’t have believed it. God’s plan and timing is everything, as I have said before. I decided to go through and pick 30 things that I have learned over the years that I wish I could go back and tell my 20 year old self. Things that might have made to hard times a tad less hard. Here we go.
1. Don’t worry so much because, I promise you what lies ahead is way better than you could ever imagine.
2. Do what you love. Even if no one supports you. The people who love you and believe in you will support you in every endeavor.
3. You will be set up on a blind date and you will end up marrying that amazing godly man.
4. He will be your biggest supporter and your best friend. When I say biggest supporter, I mean it. He will cheer you on in anything you chose to do.
5. Dance like no one is watching. Ignore the people who laugh at your dance moves. Just enjoy yourself and have fun. That’s all that matters.
6. Pray without ceasing.
7. Always follow YOUR dreams.
8. Never let anyone bully you and guilt you into staying in their life. If it’s not working for you, then it’s just not and you don’t owe an explanation.
9. True friends are just that, true friends. You will only get a few in your lifetime, but they will be there for you always.
10. Do the things you want to do. The time wasted sitting around making excuses as to why you can’t do them, is time that could have been used doing said things.
11. Being a mom will be the hardest and most rewarding job ever. It’s never easy but it will be the best thing you’ll ever do.
12. You will do nothing with your college major. You will spend lots of years wondering if you should have and that’s okay because you still can.
13. You will move all over the place in the next ten years and you will have some great experiences and meet some amazing people.
14. You will teach yourself lots of new skills that you’ve always wanted to learn.
15. You and your sister will have kids around the same ages and this will be one of the greatest things. Seeing them all interact with each other and seeing how they love each other so much will be priceless.
16. Do not put so much stock in what certain people think of you. There will always be certain people trying to bring you down. Hold your head high and “keep on keeping on.”
17. Lots of amazing things will happen and also lots of tragic and tough things will happen. Remember to hold onto your faith. It’s hard at times, but knowing there is someone out there with a plan for YOU and YOUR life, will get you through.
18. You will always love pink and glitter. (duh)
19. You will begin watching the show Frasier and you will watch it every night and it will be key in helping you fall asleep.
20. You will always laugh a lot…even through the hard times.
21. You will always struggle not taking things to heart, whether it be an attack on you personally or an attack on your business. It will always be hard for you, but remember that you have lots of people cheering for you. They are who matter.
22. ALWAYS trust your instincts. More often than not, they will be right.
23. Always trust your mom’s instincts too. She has been right about soooo many things!
24. It’s okay to cry. Most times, after a good cry, you’ll feel better.
25. Eat dessert. Eat cheeseburgers. Life is too short to count calories constantly.
26. People will let you down. That’s just part of life.
27. Even on the hardest day when you think you can’t take anymore, remember to be thankful for ALL your blessings.
28. Always take lots of pictures even if it makes your hubby crazy! 🙂
29. Treat each day like a special occasion.
30. Don’t let fear control you.
ps…Wear sunscreen. Seriously, get in the habit now…it’s a good one.
It’s crazy to me how fast the past ten years of my life have flown by. So much good, some bad, but beautiful nonetheless. I’m excited to be joining the 30 club! Cheers to turning 30!!!